The widespread circulation of counterfeit copies of the program has caused many users, especially the less experienced ones, to think about Photoshop like free software. In reality it is not so ... far from it! Photoshop is professional software and, as such, requires the purchase of a regular license to be used. Its most recent version, the one included in the suite Creative Cloud di Adobe, is available for both Windows that for MacOS in the form of a subscription service starting from 12,19 euro / month.
However, it is possible to try it for free for a period of 7 days, after which you can decide to continue using the software by paying the monthly cost of the activated plan or you can suspend its use (as there is no renewal obligation ). If you are interested in the matter and therefore want to find out how to download Photoshop for free, keep reading my guide on the subject. If, on the other hand, you are looking for a valid alternative to Photoshop to be used always and in any case at no cost ... continue reading anyway, I'll tell you about it in the last part of the tutorial!
Then? Would you like to delve into it? Yup? Perfect! I would say not to waste any more precious time, to ban the chatter and immediately start getting busy. Make yourself comfortable in front of your trusted computer and follow the instructions I am about to give you step by step. I wish you good reading and good download!
How to Download Photoshop for Free on Windows
You wish to know how to download free Photoshop on Windows? It's simple: just go to the Adobe website, activate the free trial of Photoshop and follow the instructions that are provided on the screen during the installation wizard of the program. Find everything explained in detail below.
The first thing you need to do to install the Photoshop trial on your PC is to go to this page and press the blue button Download the trial version, located in the box named Photoshop. In the window that opens, click the button Activate trial placed under the floor you want to try (eg. Photography plan, which starts from 12,19 euro / month; Photoshop, which starts from 24,39 euro / month, Etc.).
At this point, you must choose one of the billing methods for the plan you have chosen to try: in the new page that has opened, expand the menu Commitment on the right and select one of the options available for the plan of your interest (eg. Annual plan, prepaid; Annual, monthly plan; etc.). Then fill out the form on the page providing yours your email in the appropriate text field, placing the check mark in the box Do not contact me by e-mail (if you do not want to receive communications from the Adobe team via email) and click the button Continue located at the bottom.
On the page that opens, expand the menu Add payment method, select Credit / debit card, to set your credit or debit card or voice as the payment method PayPal, if you intend to use your PayPal account. Please note that you will not be charged if you cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud subscription before the 7-day trial ends.
After selecting the payment method you prefer to use, fill out the rest of the form that is presented to you on the screen. If you have chosen to set up your credit or debit card, please specify the credit / debit card number, month and year of expiration, your name and surname VAT number, etc. and then click the button Start Free Trial. If you have decided to set your PayPal account as a payment method, click on the button Continue with PayPal and follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the procedure.
If everything went right, you should see the page regarding the order confirmation: click on the button Set your password which is placed in the center and creates the password to be set for your Adobe account, by writing it in the appropriate text field. Then click the button Continue to continue. Once this is done, the download of thePhotoshop installer: if this does not happen, click on the link Restart the download.
Once the download is complete, open the file .exe you got from the Adobe website, click on the button Yes, log into your Adobe account by providing email e password in the appropriate text fields and click on the button Continue.
Using the appropriate drop-down menus, then, specify yours level of competence when using Photoshop, your professional activity and the purpose of using the software and then click on the buttons Continue e Start installing. Mission accomplished! The installation of Photoshop has been started and, when it ends (within a few minutes, given the “weight” of the program, which must be downloaded from the Internet), the application will start automatically.
If you do not intend to use Photoshop after the trial, remember to unsubscribe from Adobe Creative Cloud: to do so, go to this page, log in to your Adobe account, click on the link Plan management, click on the wording Cancel plan mail in correspondence with the signed plan and, after providing the password of your Adobe account in the appropriate text field, click on the button Continue.
Finally, specify the reason why you want to cancel the plan and click on the buttons Continue (twice in a row), No thanks e Confirmation.
How to Download Photoshop for Free on Mac
You have a Poppy and you would like to know how to download Photoshop for free in Italian? The procedure to follow does not differ much from what I have already illustrated in the chapter on Windows, but still let me guide you step-by-step in its implementation.
To begin with, go to this web page, click on the button Download the trial version located in the box Photoshop and, in the box that appears on the screen, click on the button Activate trial, under the plan you are going to try (ex. Photography plan, which starts from 12,19 euro / month; Photoshop, which starts from 24,39 euro / month, Etc.).
Therefore, expand the menu Commitment located on the right of the new page opened and select the type of subscription you wish to activate (eg. Annual plan, prepaid; Annual, monthly plan and so on). At this point, provide in the appropriate text field your email and, if you do not want to receive communications from Adobe at the address in question, put the check mark in the box Do not contact me by e-mail and click sul pulsating Continue.
Now you have to provide a payment method (if you cancel the trial before its expiration, you will not be charged): then open the menu Add payment method and select the item Credit / debit card, or select the item PayPal (if you want to set your PayPal account as a payment method).
Therefore, provide the details relating to the payment method you have chosen: if, for example, you have decided to use your credit card, specify credit / debit card number, expiration month, expiration year, name, last name, etc. and then click the button Start Free Trial. If, on the other hand, you have opted for your PayPal account, click on the button Continue with PayPal and follow the instructions you see on the screen to complete the operation.
Once the payment method has been set, in the new page opened, click on the button Set your password and provide, in the appropriate text field, the password with which you intend to protect your Adobe account. Then click on the button Continue And that's it. If everything went right, the download of thePhotoshop installer (if this doesn't happen, run it "manually" by clicking on the link Restart the download).
Open, therefore, the package .dmg that you have downloaded from the Adobe website, double-click the icon Photoshop Installer present in the pop-up window on the desktop and click the button apri in the box you see on the screen. Enter, therefore, the password of the Mac administration in the appropriate text field, click on the button OK and then click the button once more apri in the open window.
To conclude, click on the button Continue, wait for the browser window to open, if necessary log in to your Adobe account again, specify your level of competence with Photoshop and how you plan to use Photoshop and then click the buttons Continue e Start installing. Now you just have to wait a little while you wait for the download and installation of Photoshop to be completed.
I remind you that, if you do not intend to use Photoshop after the 7-day trial, you must cancel your Creative Cloud subscription before it expires: to do so, go to this page, log in to your Adobe account, click on the link Plan management and click on the wording Cancel plan, attached to the plan you have activated.
Provide the password of your Adobe account in the appropriate form, click on the button Continue and, after defining the reason why you want to unsubscribe, click on the buttons Continue (twice in a row), No thanks e Confirmation.
Free Photoshop Alternative
If Photoshop seems too expensive to you as a solution, you can always fall back on some free solutions. Let me list some of the best below free alternative to Photoshop: these are programs, online services and apps for mobile devices which, although not as “powerful” as the famous photo editing software from Adobe, are still excellent free solutions.
- GIMP (Windows / macOS / Linux) - no need to go around it: this is the best free and open source program when it comes to photo editing. Its well-organized interface and its countless tools make it perfect for editing your shots at no cost.
- Photoworks (Windows) - this is an application for Windows PC which, while integrating various advanced photo editing tools, is easy to use thanks to its user friendly interface.
- Paintbrush (macOS) - going to the Apple “side”, instead, I would like to point out this program that allows you to both edit photos and create digital drawings. It integrates basic editing functions that make it perfect for those who do not have many pretensions and want to make only small adjustments to their shots.
- Photoshop Express Editor (Online) - Adobe's online service that allows you to make changes to your photos directly from the browser. It has a couple of limitations that you would do well to take into consideration: it only allows you to act on JPG format photos and requires the use of Adobe Flash Player to work.
- Photopea (Online) - another very famous Web application for photo editing, which allows you to edit your shots using its many advanced tools, "embedded" in an interface that is very reminiscent of Photoshop. It works without registration and without installing additional plugins (as the service is developed in HTML5). It features (non-invasive) advertising banners, which can be removed by subscribing to the Premium version, which starts at $ 9 / month.
- Pixlr (Online) - this is another online photo editing platform that I recommend you try because it allows you to easily retouch your shots using numerous tools and without having to install additional plugins.
- Photoshop Express (Android / iOS / iPadOS) - switching to solutions for mobile devices, on the other hand, you cannot fail to consider Adobe's apps, like this one, which allows you to act on the main parameters of your shots in a simple and intuitive way.
- Photoshop Fix (Android / iOS / iPadOS) - this other app from Adobe was conceived to correct defects that mainly concern subjects. In fact, it integrates tools capable of removing skin and anatomical defects in a rather simple way.
- Adobe Photoshop Mix (Android / iOS / iPadOS) - this app allows you to work on multiple levels and selectively edit images, which makes it perfect for making real photomontages on the go.
- Photoshop per iPad (iPadOS) - is the most advanced version of Photoshop mobile for mobile devices, as it combines the functions of Photoshop desktop with the features designed for the fantastic touch screen display of the Apple tablet and the various compatible accessories, such as the Apple Pencil. It's free for the first 30 days, then costs 10,99 euros / month.
For more information about the use of the programs, online services and apps mentioned in the previous lines, take a stroll on the insights I have just linked to you. I hope they can come in handy.